Wishbone \Wish"bone`\, n. The forked bone in front of the breastbone in birds; -- called also merrythought, and wishing bone. See Merrythought, and Furculum. [1913 Webster]
Word Netwishbone n : the furcula of a domestic fowl [syn: wishing bone]
Moby ThesaurusTarnkappe, V, branch, breast, cap of darkness, chicken foot, crotch, crutch, dark meat, delta, drumstick, fan, fern seed, fork, furcula, furculum, giblets, groin, inguen, leg, magic belt, magic carpet, magic ring, magic spectacles, magic wand, merrythought, neck, offshoot, oyster, prong, ramification, seven-league boots, stem, thigh, trident, turkey foot, wand, white meat, wing, wish-bringer, wish-giver, wishing bone, wishing cap, wishing stone, wishing well
- Finnish: haarukkavipu
Adjectivewishbone (no or )
- Incorporating a wishbone spar in the rig, as: "a wishbone ketch", "a wishbone schooner".
Wishbone may refer to:
- The wishbone, known in anatomy as the furcula, is a fused clavicle bone found in birds which is shaped like the letter Y.
- The same clavicle bone as a lucky charm.
- Wishbone (TV series), an educational children's television show starring a Jack Russell terrier.
- Wishbone (computer bus), a non-proprietary (open) system bus/system-on-chip (SoC) interconnect architecture designed for reuse.
- Wishbone, an album by Eleni Mandell
- In automobiles, a wishbone is a suspension component which resembles the avian bone. It is used to control lateral and longitudinal wheel motion. A common suspension design is the double wishbone suspension.
- The wishbone formation is an offensive formation in American football. It consists of the quarterback, followed by a fullback, who is flanked by one halfback on either side of him, giving the look of a flipped Y, or a wishbone.
- The wishbone boom on Sailing Craft is most commonly seen on sail boards.
- Wish-Bone salad dressing is a popular brand of salad dressing.
- Wish Bone, an American rapper and member of the rap group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
- Wishbone Ash, a British rock band.